Thursday, February 01, 2007
Snow Day
Last night it snowed! Andy had to be at work with a suitcase packed at 6:00 this morning, which is normal for him. Any time we have extreme weather they prepare for the worst. So, at 7:30 when the kids woke up and saw the snow they were super excited about it. Unfortunately, it was already starting to melt and was raining, so we went out before we even had breakfast to make sure they got plenty of time to play. The snow was actually the consistency of a snow cone -- not shaved ice -- a snow cone with little tiny pellets of ice. Since it was so cold and it was raining, we didn't stay out too long. In fact we probably spent as much time outside as we spent getting dressed. The sad thing was I got the kids all dressed and then they had to sit and wait in all their layers of clothes for me to get dressed, and I could just see them starting to sweat, so I let them wait for me on the front porch. Alli got cold pretty quick and was the first to ask to come in, but I think Evan and Drew would've stayed out all day.





Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We're so jealous Carrie. Ian is so desperate for snow that he pretends to do "snow angels" on the carpet.
Post a Comment